• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good is the stock 2500+ HSF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Barton

i know the fan spins at a relatively low RPM.....but i lapped the hell out of the heatsink, and to my surprise, the base of it is pure copper. did it out of boredom, as i have a swiftech-mcx462u right now, but this baby shines. hit it with 200 grit, 400, 600, and 1000, then took some mothers wheel polish to it. i tested it out on my chip, and to my surprise the temps were only 2 degrees higher at idle and 1 degree higher at load. is there hope with this thing?

Its a POS! I purchased my 2500+ yesterday and I am using a Volcano 9. HEHEHEHEH! I am OC'd to 2.25GHz and I am at 30 C.

i got 50 celsius at idle with stock fan/heat sink...stock GHZ
put a coolermaster hhc-001 with heat pipe and copper heatsink on my 2500+ barton and it brought the temp down to 42...my goal is well below 40, but that might come with a real tower case

Back