• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on installation and removal of a game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

I installed RTCW, during the installation I had a freeze, I had forgot that I was running the Cat 3.2 ATI drivers and previously with the 3.1's I had a problem running RTCW, it would just be really slow in fact it would not advance or load the game upon starting.

I restarted my pc and removed the cat 3.2's and installed the newest Omega drivers as I had in the past which allowed me to play the game properly. I then attempted to remove RTCW but it could not locate the install.log file. I inserted the cd to try and reinstall but the only option I get it to "uninstall" if I choose this same prob can not locate "install.log" file.

So next I completely deleted the RTCW folder that was created on my e drive as I have a c,d and e partition, c being os, I then deleted everything to do with RTCW in the start programs menu and I am still having same problem. I ram norton system doc to remove unneeded files and clear shortcuts. I believe there is something left somewhere that is preventing me from being able to install the game?? Any ideas. I have searched for this log file and there appears to be nothing on system related to RTCW.

Cisco KID

InThrees said:
Search for it in the registry, maybe.

That's about it I'm afraid, there are now some registry settings that won't be removed unless you get the uninstall to work or you manually remove them yourself.

thanks guys, I used a registry cleaner and I also did a system restore to an earlier point, it will now install properly.

Thanks for the tip

cisco kid

Back