• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any auto fan control on a7n8x deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

hi, i just bought a smart case fan II for my slk-800, i tried to control the speed with the controler that came with the fan, but it seems that when my temp of cpu reachs about 40C the fan just powers up and as my temp goes to 42C the fan powers up to full!

can any1 plz help me on this? i need to be able to control the fan speed so i can possible leave my comp on over nite, thanks alot, bye.

ps. i do not have the sensor in, or the jumper.

I'm not sure how much power that the Smart fan pulls, but there is a Q-fan feature on the A7N8X, I used it with the fan on my volcano 7+ on my A7V333, so I think that it would be ok with the Smart Fan 2, but it is probably better to wait for someone on the forums who has tried running it before, or might know the acceptable load on the A7N8X's fan headers.

BTW The Q-fan feature controls fan speed in relation to the reported CPU temperature, so it should be a little more accurate then the temp probe of your fan.

Back