• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new mobo and ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a1cnolan

i currently have an 8k5a2+ and 256 of pc2700 samsung
im wondering what nforce2 motherboard i should get and if there is another kind of ram thats as good as corsair that is cheaper?

any help would be appreciated

Asus A7N8X Deluxe is what I'm using right now. VERY nice board IMO. Feature-rich BIOS with lots of options...big fat passive heatsink on the northbridge (nforce2 northbridge gets HOT!)...SATA RAID (havent used it yet...waiting for some nice drives in my price range)...dual NIC (havent used the duals...but I like the fact that they're there, as I can make this board my router or firewall or something one day when it's old and not worth anything else)...excellent onboard sound...lots of firewire and usb2.0 ports. It's arguably the most feature-rich socket A motherboard on the market today. A bit expensive at ~$150 US IIRC.

the non-deluxe version is a bit cheaper if you dont need some of the features the deluxe version has.

Back