• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

few Qs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aftermath

I'm considering buying a K7D Master L
1 can a run one cpu and then add another later without tracking down i identical setping?
2 And i want to know wether i would be able to use the curent power supply that i have its a enermax 550 watt model the voltages arn't bad could not see wether there is any thing other than the standard atx conector required i know i have a p4 aux on it and some other aux that i dont recognise.
3 I want to make a 24/7 system whats your max uptime with this board.
4 does the on board usb work i need it and i need all 3 33mhz pci.

edit: what multiplyers does it have? read somewhere it only went up to 12.5...
thanx

Last edited:
1. Yes, using the same stepping is only a recommendation. I'm personally running two different steppings of P3's in my setup.

All other questions I can't comment on due to my lack of knowledge with that board. :p Sorry.

-DarkArctic

1) Yes
3) Mine easily runs for a month at a time or until I reset it. Its never crashed on me (Win 2k pro).

1. Yes, you can.
2. Yes, I have that identical PSU and it has worked fine.
3. My max uptime, between reboots (usually for new software or updates) is about a month. If I didn't have to reboot, for those purposes, I wouldn't have to hardly ever reboot at all.
4. Yes, it works fine.

The BIOS has multi's up to 12.5, but the board also supports 13, 13.5, etc. Be aware that you can't change multi's in the BIOS with chips whose default multi is higher than 12.5. With XP/MP2100 and higher, you have to leave the Multi set to Auto in the BIOS. You can hard-code higher multipliers, though, as many have done. It recognizes 13, 13.5, 14, 15, 16, 16.5, 17, and 18.

If you're interested in hard coding higher multipliers, do some searching for it here and in AMD CPU's. There are quite a few posts and even some information in the "The XP, MP, Thunderbird..." sticky on this forum.

cmcquistion said:
The BIOS has multi's up to 12.5, but the board also supports 13, 13.5, etc. Be aware that you can't change multi's in the BIOS with chips whose default multi is higher than 12.5. With XP/MP2100 and higher, you have to leave the Multi set to Auto in the BIOS. You can hard-code higher multipliers, though, as many have done. It recognizes 13, 13.5, 14, 15, 16, 16.5, 17, and 18.

Those 1700+ Tbred-B CPUs come unlocked by default. How would that affect the mobo/bios multiplier limits? It would be nice to get 150fsb X16 SMP.

Audioaficionado said:

Those 1700+ Tbred-B CPUs come unlocked by default. How would that affect the mobo/bios multiplier limits? It would be nice to get 150fsb X16 SMP.

Those T-bred's are factory unlocked up to 12.5. Any higher than that requires modding the chip, which isn't too difficult.

cmcquistion said:

Those T-bred's are factory unlocked up to 12.5. Any higher than that requires modding the chip, which isn't too difficult.

You can reverse the unlock mod? I've also heard you can no longer use the 12.5 and below mutiplier once modded. The 5v PS gate blow mod is non reversable of course but a physical surface trace cut can still be rebridged.

When you blow bridges for a higher multi, you have to go for the specific multi you want. You can just do one mod and get every multi 13 and up. You have to hard-code for 13 or 13.5 or 14, etc.

You CAN reverse it, though. All you have to do to rejoin blown bridges is paint across them, like you would normally do to join bridges. It is even easier, though, because there is no pit to fill or go around. You can just paint right across. I have a T-bred that I used to experiment with. It's an 1800, but it has been modded for 13X, 13.5X, 14X, 14.5 (this multi doesn't work, since it is a non-standard) and 15X. After I was all done, I modded the chip for 11X (all bridges connected), so I can run it in my KT333 board and have all multi's up to 12.5. No problems, here, undoing the mods. I modded this chip so many times, I'm really surprised I haven't screwed it up, somehow. It just keeps chugging, though.

All my bridge blowing was done with 5V from a PSU. I use silver conductive ink (this is really no better than defogger paint, but it goes a lot further) to do my bridging.

Silver conductive ink?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this silver conductive ink you refer to - and where do you buy it? I have used the defogger paint before, but at $10 per miniscule bottle, it does not go too far.

Thanks...

Silver conductive ink is something you can get from electrical supply houses and electronics stores. It is used for repairing traces on circuit boards. It isn't cheap. I think I spent $15-20 on the one I have, now, but it has lasted a long, long, long time. I have modded at least 10 CPU's with it, many of them more than once. I comes with a pen-like tip, but I found it to be pretty worthless, so I just unscrew the top and use a sharpened plastic pointer. I just shake up the pen, take the top off. Get a little of the silver stuff off the top I just unscrewed and paint it on, with my sharpened plastic pointer.

The stuff I've got is called ""Conductive Pen - Micro Tip" from a company called "Circuitworks" and it is 8.5 oz.

Back