• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HTML/FrontPage/Server problem I cannot solve!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patrick G

Take a look at this page:

http://www.gametnet.com/HospiceSite/default2.html

No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the RESET button at the bottom, nor can I move the GO button to the right of the search box. Well, I should say that it does work when I edit the code and save to my machine. But when I upload to my server, either via FrontPage or just by copying the default.html file directly to the server, it still shows both the GO and RESET buttons, and still below the text box, instead of to the right. It only works on my machine, not on the server. Why???? And yes, I've refreshed my browser.

Oh, and I've tried saving as .html in Notepad and then just copying that file to my server, but same result -- file displays fine when I run from my machine, but not on the server.

i dont see a reset button...
also, if i'm understanding you correctly, you want to see a search box followed by a "search" button and then a "go" button? have you tried creating a table and putting all those contents in the same <TR> ?

h20link said:
i dont see a reset button...
also, if i'm understanding you correctly, you want to see a search box followed by a "search" button and then a "go" button? have you tried creating a table and putting all those contents in the same <TR> ?
Check again. The reset button is there at the bottom. I want to see this:

Search: [ Text Box ] [Go!]

I guess it's not possible to edit the Search web component, so can I add a search form, and if so, how do I set it up to search the site?

A few things could be doing it to you:
1) The server may not have refreshed the pages so the old page could still be in cache.
2) Frontpage does many things well, but there are some things it does NOT like you to do.

If #1 is the problem, rename the page (default.html to default2.html for example) and call up the renamed page: that will show the code you actually have on it since it is the first time the page has been loaded.

If its #2, you may need to find another way to format the page.....

Back