• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thinking of getting a radeon 7500 any opiions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mark2kay

Registered
well im in xp and am cheap and want new gfx card(current is tnt2)

i am going for the 64 mb ddr 7500.the main reason is attractive is tha tv out, i would love to be able to watch some pc vids on tv, any1 have experiece with pc tv out gfx cards

The Radeon 7500 is a great card for tv out, however I wouldnt recommend it for an avid gamer. Almost any newer games would have to be played with compromised detail settings. TV out quality is only second to a dedicated tv out card or Matrox cards.

I agree. If you play games go with an 8500. I have the retail 64mb version and it works great in all the games I play. Tv-out is a cool feature and I was very excited when I got it, only used it once, hehe, but it was pretty cool. Remember the sound of the movies will come out of your pc not tv.

cool , was th e pc out look fine on tv? i got sounf down pat, my rooms a 5 pc speaker.

lol u knoe what i just totally forgot?

i have no agp =)

i have a crap board for this 1.2 celeron.

any recomendations

It looked allright. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe most tv's are only 800x600 resolution, unless you have an hdtv or a very new big screen tv. Its decent picture. Its fine for videos and such, but it is hard to read words on the tv screen.

EDIT: Just saw your last post, ummm, get a new board. That is my reccomendation. If you can afford it then it may be worthwhile for you to get a new mobo. Try newegg.com refurb section for really cheap ones.

If you don't want to go the motherboard route, I would say 7500 PCI is your best bet.....I think they are around $70.

But with memory, CPUs, being so cheap, you may consider going that route.

You could prob get into a Nforce2 board with built in video ( agp slot for future expansion), 17000XP, 512 MB, for $225-250.

you could kick it up too a baron 2500, for about $80 more.

Just a thought

BTW, I hate to admit it, but I am using a TNT2 M64 right now.... I am a few days away to getting my son's old GF2 GTS-V.....lol

Back