• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another 8SQ800 owner here with questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

speedy4500

I have a 2.53, 1 gig of PC3200, Radeon 9700 Pro. Booted up first time perfectly. When I went to overclock it I guess I pushed it too hard at first and it wouldn't post from then on....only after 30 minutes of scouring did I find out that the board DOESN'T have the DualBIOS that I was hoping...ugh. Is resetting the CMOS battery the only way on this board to fix a screwed up OC? Also, how do I measure temps on this board? I've usually used Abit boards which had Winbond Manager where I could find temps, but no dough on this Gigabyte. I downloaded the latest Motherboard Monitor, but I'm unfamiliar with that program and how to set it up. Any help is received gratefully. Thanks!!!

It sounds like you have the infamous memory boot problems, because if you overclock to high, it should just reboot to 133x19 the next time you start up. If it’s a memory issue, then you either try booting with one stick of your PC3200 or one stick of slower memory. If that doesn’t work, you do have to pop the battery to reset the cmos, then try one stick to get into the bios settings. I had to do it several times until my new memory burned in and became more stable. The board is finicky about memory that is made with aggressive timings like Corsair.

Regarding temps, you can only measure the CPU temp through EZ-Tune. I just downloaded MBM5 and it’s less confusing to set up if you go to the FAQ section and read up about the different temp settings.

OK, I've been using the computer now for a week and a half now at stock settings, and this is what happens: any single change in the BIOS and upon reboot, I get no POST screen. The HDD light and CDROM flash alternately. I've tried F5, F6, and the new F7 BIOS, and it's the same problem all the time. I mean, I have the hardcorecooling CAS2 PC3200 that many people have had good luck with, and a 2.53 P4 that is supposed to overclock nicely, but if I try to manual set memory or CPU, I can't boot. Grrrr...should I just try and use EZ-Tune for now? Should I burn in the computer (if so, how would u reccommend?). This is baffling for me.

EDIT: now that i have some time, i played around a bit. First off, EZ Tune4 does not isntall correctly on my system. It goes through thye installation procedure, but when I try to run it, I get an error that I've never seen before (Error: MarkFun_Load_NT_Driver). Second, Changes CPU settings does not cause the problem, only memory changes. Even just changing from CAS3 to CAS2.5, it won't POST correctly. Right now, I'm typing this with the proc at 145 FSB, memory at 386, dual-channel, but if I were to change memory settings, it wouldn't boot. What gives!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back