• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap Dual Mobo for AMD XPs in MP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SniperXX

Ok. I just got 2 Athlon XP 1600+ processors and want to run them in a SMP setup. I will be doing the bridge mod that makes them look like a MP.

I was wanting to know of a good and cheap mobo to use. I would not like to pay alot if possible.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

For something new, I think one of the Tyans might be cheapest, probably the S2460.

Otherwise keep an eye on newegg refurbs in the Server mobos section. Usually they can go anywhere from $99- $159 in there.

Tyans aren't bad but you can't overclock them. Iwill and MSI will let you do some o/c albeit at a higher price. That MSI is only $20 more than that Tyan. Newegg MSI 2CPU review

Last edited:
SickBoy said:
Otherwise keep an eye on newegg refurbs in the Server mobos section. Usually they can go anywhere from $99- $159 in there.

Thats your best bet, newegg refurbs. Also, check out www.compgeeks.com, they have some good deals usually. Look in the classifieds here, if someone is not selling one try posting a wanted add. I find it very easy and affordable buying from members here.

Yeah I just aquired the two chips form the classified from Octoman and they are in the mail. I also like the killer deals @ the classifieds. Thanks for the help guys. I think I will wait for someone in the classifieds and maybe post a wanted.

I just bought one of those O/C dream Abit NF7-S with a great o/c 1700+ TbredB date/stepping code. Folding only one WU per week on my PPro200 dually just ain't cuttin' it anymore.

If I could have just scraped up $150 more than the $400 bux I had to spend, I'd have put together an MSI/TbredB dually instead. When I get a grand to spend, I'm putting a kick a** dually together with top periferals. Maybe then they'll have a faster dual chipset or higher multipliers.

The MSI K7D Master, Iwill MPX2 (discontinued), and Asus A7M266-D are the best AMD duals. Unfortunately, there aren't too many boards to choose from and the difference in cost between the very cheapest and the very best isn't too much.

You can get the MSI for as little as $175. That's what I would look for, if I were you. It is the only AMD duallie with multiplier control and its a very stable and very fast board, too.

Back