• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Comp A Force To Be Reckon'ed With!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darryl_D

oh ya just look at my benchies

3d+marks101.jpg

memory.jpg

cpu+arithmatic.jpg

ya i know my computer rocks :cool: :cool: :cool:

seroiusly though it sucks the big one! Anyone got any ideas as to what i can do to make it better?

My rig:
Asus A7N8x Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP 1700+ T-bred b (JIUHB Stepping) (overclocked to 1800mhz)
CPU Cooler: Glacialtech Igloo 2410 Pro...
Kingston 128mb PC2100
Some generic GF2 200 (64mb sdr) video card
some cheapo case with a 400w psu
ya know the normal stuff keyboard monitor etc....

I just bought some 512mb pc3000 hyperx from newegg... should be coming monday... afterwards i plan on at least getting my cpu to at least 2 ghz.... only thing is do you guys htink my cooler can cool it? It has to last me for like 4 months until my b-day where i will buy a slk800u... but till then what do you guys htink....

I'm surprised... i mean i at least expected like 3000 3dmarks from my video card... anyone know of a way i can tweak it a little i mean 78 3dmarks come on!!!

Links don't work for me......:(
For the video card, try overclocking it a bit, that might help. Make sure you have adequete cooling, though.

You can clock that processor all you want and it will improve your scores - but the video card is a BIG bottleneck. If you really want to improve scores, get a GF4 Ti4200 - $100 used and your scores will skyrocket!

Yep, I'd agree with getting a new video card.
I had a GF2 MX before my Ti 4200 and I'm loving the difference the newer card has made, especially in Morrowind :)

hmm did the links work for you guys before??

How about if i get an ati radeon 8500le???? is the gf4 ti 4200 better??? should i get the gforce fx 5200???? the 5200 is a little cheaper than the 4200 so i would like to know....

The FX5200 SUCKS! Its part of the 'MX' line of nvidia cards that all suck. Both the 8500le and the ti4200 are good cards, MUCH better than what you have now. Pick one up used if you dont have much to spend.

i am a little unsure as to which one i should get....

should i get the ati radeon 9000pro with 128mb of ram... or get a gf4 ti4200 with 128mb of ram???

anyone with any suggestions?

nevermind i decided to get teh 9500 pro... its gonna be my next upgrade... probably in a month i'll get it.. as i need to save money in the ol bank first ;) thanks guys

Couldn't have said it better myself. You should get a very good overclock with your new mem as long as you upgrade your hsf. I'm not sure how well that hsf is going to cool, but make sure you monitor your temps frequently. Raise the fsb 10mhz or so unil you reach a comfortable level. I'm sure you wont need to up the vcore on your cpu until 40 to 50mhz or so. I could be wrong, no every chip behaves the same. Proper case cooling will help you until you get your new slk. You know the drill, move as much out of the way as possible without obstruction too much airflow.

HA, I like your computer before any modifications. Reminds me of my first computer that had the first p1 that came out. I still have it but I never run it. I should check out the HD and see what win 3.1 can do.

Is that a DLT3C? JIUHB dosent tell much but it's a Tbred B. Either way you should be able to get some more out of it, and alot more out of it if it's a DLT3C

only cards worth buying... from worst to best
8500/9100 | Ti4200 | 9500 | 9500pro | 9700 | 9700pro
stay away from the 9000.. and the 5200 is just horrible

Last edited:
ya it is a DLT3C i want to push it more... (i ran stably at 150fsb.... pused it up to 152 but win 2000 kept giving me errors....)

WIth a little tweaking i was able to get 1300 some 3dmarks :) I feel special! :cool: anyhow i'm giong to push it up some more but i an waiting for my 512 kingston hyperx to come it should be here monday... when i do get it... I'll up fsb to 152 (1900mhz) and install win xp... from there, the funny really begins eh!

Back