• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce FX 5200 retail sighting today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
quegyboe said:
I've been considering getting a GeForceFX of some sort. Good to see they are finally in stores!

I wouldn't get too excited. You aren't gonna be too happy to find out that your Radeon 8500 will greatly outperform a 5200. I was interested in them at first but I did some research and they are very ****ty cards (too put it nicely).

hehe

Some guy tried to sell one of those off to me the other day when there were no Radeon 9700 Pros left... Not exactly a good trade, eh?

I've been considering getting a GeForceFX of some sort. Good to see they are finally in stores!

i wouldnt do it unless for some reason your puter dont got a apg slot. fx = suck its an mx card.

so in short keep a friend around you at all time just in case your in a store and you see an fx and think "ooo, that looks neat" that way he can beat you up, take you money and buy a gf4 or radeon
:D

I'm sorry but I have no idea why ANYONE would be happy to buy this card, it's the worst piece of crap video card ever made by nvidia. This thing is so much slower than a stock G4ti4200, it's not even funny.. $100 for it? that's crazy.. I'd rather pay $70 and still have a faster card like the Radeon 8500, yes it's faster than the GFX5200... DON'T buy this card. If you are a nvidia fanboy then get a g4 ti4200.

gee my fx5200 is faster than that of my old 8500 just give it a rest wait til some good drivers come out and we will see how ati handles it

Drivers wont save nvidia from THIS blunder (unless they release some more drivers that cheat on 3Dmark). It kinda hurts to say that since I'm somewhat of an nvidia fan. After the GF4Ti, they have yet to make another good card.

Frys is like computer nerds wet dream. They have some pretty good mobo cpu combo deals, and fairly good prices, some stuff is always better to buy online though. Here in San Jose we have like 4 frys stores. Im pretty sure San Jose is where Frys started. They built a super giant one about 3 miles away from my house about 5 years back. And its like 3 blocks away from my work so sometimes I go an shop around on my lunch break.

Oh yeah.. and come on... for 100 bucks... why in hell would anyone buy the 5200... I dont know how they call it DX9 compliant... I guess you sorta still can... but at 10fps its not going to matter.

Spyder can we get some benchmark scores here... and make sure your not using the cheat drivers, you change 3dMarks name to 3dmurk, and you have the 330 patch. Though so far the recent cheat by Nvidia isnt for the 5200.

Give us 2k1 at least. No offense because you wont be playing any DX9 games and having fun with that card.

And you say wait for new drivers? What? Ones with an infamous 25% performance increase? Yeah we have seen this before its called super LOW IQ cheat. They have had time for good drivers and they been putting cheats in them to speed up benchmarks because Nvidia knows their FX line sucks.

Last edited:
OC Noob said:
5200 or Ti4200?

What a choice!

I pity the fool who doesn't get the Ti4200!

mr-t.jpg

Me too.

fx vs ti

Newbi here,
just build my new system,
k7n2 delta mobo
3200 xp
512 meg corsair xms
rest of d toys.
picked up the fx 5600 256 meg card.
Bench marks sucked.
put in my old ti 4200 8x,
BM'S went up 25%.

TI way to go.
heading back down to Fyr's looking for a vid card to make this system smoke and put my ti back in my old system (small office network)

Back