• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard for rambus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wrong forum. Try Intel Motherboards...

Although it should be in the intel motherboard forums, you could of offered more advice or asked him to see if a mod can move it. It sounds like you are implying he go make a new tread in another forum.

Anyway, the answer to your question is you will most likely be looking for a board with the 850E chipset.

I do not know much about the overclock potential of RAMBUS, but it is not as good as DDR. This I know.

There is a nice list of boards at www.newegg.com that will probably be good overclockers. You can do a sort by northbridge chip type, or 850E.

I would suggest getting a name brand know to overclock well. The Asus or gigabyte boards are your best bet. The intel boards will not overclock any if at all.

the asus p4t533-c is the BEST RDRAM mobo available. unfortunately, the fsb will only go to 156 with jumpers, unless you elect to sodder on a turbo pll, and then the options are much better. thats the board to go with though.;)

yeah thats the board i have right now. i am happy with it except that it will only go to 156 fsb. i was hoping to find one just as good that will overclock higher.

thats what i run... love it... limited fsb though... although this is a limitation of rdram boards... get the p4t533 withough the C if you want to run a RAID array cause the C doesnt have the controller.. great board though

Yes, I use the non-C version and throughly enjoy it as my sig suggests. Unfortunately, OCing Rambus is not as good as DDR. The board supports 4x memory speeds but anything over 150FSB at that setting and it is not stable. IMO DDR and rambus are very close performance wise but DDR will eventually pass RDRAM with the new Canterwood mobos.

Back