• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What am I looking for @ $100-150?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Im going to be getting a p4 2.4b, and I want to crank that sucker as high as she will go. I think i want to go water cooling, and know next to nothing about it. I have read up on it, but i havent actually done anything like this before.
Im in Toronto Canada, and If anyone can be so kind as to help me set the rig up, that would be awesome. All I need to know is what to buy, where to buy, and how to assemble. Im looking at no more then $150 USD.

Would I be better off with a Zalman 7000cu hsf? What kind of temp diff am I looking at between a $150 water cooling system versus a zalman 7000cu?

if you do a search though the water cooling part of the forum you will find topics already talking about this. Search for watercooling stores or thinking about watercooling you should find something.

search the water cooling forum for the term 'noob'. You will have plenty info.

lazyart, that almost sounds like a flame(could be) but its kinda true, people usually have that put in their title or post. newbie or whatever...

One way to find out how much better it woudl perform is to see if joe would test it against a w/c system on his die simulator... for p4...

ViolaDude said:
Im going to be getting a p4 2.4b, and I want to crank that sucker as high as she will go. I think i want to go water cooling, and know next to nothing about it. I have read up on it, but i havent actually done anything like this before.
Im in Toronto Canada, and If anyone can be so kind as to help me set the rig up, that would be awesome. All I need to know is what to buy, where to buy, and how to assemble. Im looking at no more then $150 USD.

What case? We need to know what heatercores will fit. I'll assume you have room for a Chevette. (about 6" x 6")

Swiftech MCW-5000
$50

Danner Mag 3
$45

Chevette heatercore + homemade shroud
$25

120x38mm fan
$12

"PVC Tubing" 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD from www.mcmaster.com (really clearflex 60)

$8 for 10'

Hose clamps
$5 - Home Depot or auto parts store

$145 total :)

JFettig said:
lazyart, that almost sounds like a flame(could be) but its kinda true, people usually have that put in their title or post. newbie or whatever...

That wasn't intended to be a flame-- I was serious. I did a quick search before posting it and it turned up a ton of posts. 'Newb' would work just as well.

Ain't worth the energy (IMHO) to flame. :)

Back