• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New power conditioner/battery backup unit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mastametz

I asked earlier about what thing people would recommend for my house's brown-outs, and all of them said the apc 500. Is this one of them on recall? I am kinda a CH00B when it comes to this kinda thing. If it is one of them, what would be a good sub (other than an oven-toasted sub...)

Only some of the model run was recalled. The 2 I have are not on the list so all is well.

American Power Conversion (APC) is voluntarily recalling two models of UPS devices due to a potential overheating problem. Protect yourself and your system. Check to see if your device is affected.
Products recalled
Back-UPS CS 350
Back-UPS CS 500
Note that both the 120 volt and 230 volt units are affected. The total number of devices recalled in the United States is approximately 900,000.

APC recommends that users immediately turn off the UPS unit and unplug the unit from the electrical outlet. While no injuries have been reported, there have been several reports of units overheating. In response, APC is working in conjunction with the Consumer Product Safety Commission to provide consumers with a free replacement unit.
Consumers can also identify their models by the serial numbers located on the bottom of the unit.
Serial numbers affected
AB0048 through AB0251
BB0104 through BB0251
JB0125 through JB0251

Back