• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

processors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

ok im looking to put together a rig in the next month or so

and ive been going down the amd road and thinking about a

Athlon 2500 "Barton" i saw it for i think $130 at newegg (which is where i am going to buy most, if not all of my stuff they are great!)

Now im wondering, what would be the "equal" to the 2500 "Barton" by Intel? and the price?

i was thinking the 2500 B would prolly be equal maybe to a p4 2.2? but i really ahve no clue

well it's probably equal to a 2.53, possibl a 2.4, my athlon 2200+ stock was faster then a 2.4b at stock (sandra) so im not sure with the added FSB on those bartons they will probably be faster

fiji said:
ok im looking to put together a rig in the next month or so

and ive been going down the amd road and thinking about a

Athlon 2500 "Barton" i saw it for i think $130 at newegg (which is where i am going to buy most, if not all of my stuff they are great!)

Now im wondering, what would be the "equal" to the 2500 "Barton" by Intel? and the price?

i was thinking the 2500 B would prolly be equal maybe to a p4 2.2? but i really ahve no clue

as split71 said, it should be equal to about a p4 2.53 GHz, hence the performance rating of 2500, but a p4 2.4 would be close too... (a 2.4, i find, is a better value... it's not worth the extra money for the extra 133 MHz)

on a side note, i have a p4 2.4 and i love it. it's not overclocked since i am at school and i can't deal with an overclocked computer at school (i am too busy as it is). i am definitely happy with my decision to go with a p4...

On the other hand, the Barton will be much easier to overclock (or "DifferentClock") than a PIV, because it allows for multiplier adjustments as well as FSB adjustments.

And that core is a beauty, lemme yell ya. My buddy got one and had me help with the assembly, which involved 1gb of Corsair XMS3200 and an Asus A7N8X deluxe mobo - it's a screamer.

I want one, and I have an XP core clocked at 1.84ghz. Not pushing any limits in THIS crowd, but surely nothing that needs to be changed soon. ;)

Back