• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU reachers 50 C even with full smartfanII

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gogetadbl

Even with the full settings on the smartfan, my CPU still gets up to 50C. Would you guys suggest getting another fan or maybe i applied thermal paste wrong (i put a thin layer as I could, but it was a big thicker than a sheet of paper).

Thats well overclocked, I would expect that i would of thought any way!
I have a XP2000+ and its not clocked and I get 43-45c

Being OC'ed like that it gonna get hot. If it stays under 50* C at load you should be fine. If you want to go higher you may need to get an SLK and a Tornado, or water.

A 2100+ running at 2.2GHz!!! Awesome job bubba. You should be very happy with those temps. The only other way to get it cooler would be to make your room ambient temp in the 60s for air cooling or go water cooling with refrigerated water.
The new Aero7 fan might help out though when it shows up. Slap that puppy on a SLK-800 or 900 and I would think temps would be a lost topic.

Ah ok thanks. I talked to some other people and they said I should probably be worried that I reach 54 C. Thanks

I have a 2100+ though heh. But i see your point.
My friend is runing a 10,000 RPM 60mm fan compared to my 3000RPM 80mm fan. His seems a lot cooler than mine though.

Thanks

Hmm, so should I replace the 10,000 RPM 60mm fan with a 3000RPM 80mm fan? Not sure of CFM on either , but it "seems" the 60mm is softer and it can only run at 10,000 RPM.

Without knowing you ambient/case temps, I think your temps are higher than they should be with the setup you have given.

I also have a SF2 and a 2100+ but running at 2340 on 1.85v, peak temp during 12 hrs of Prime was 42*C - this with an AX-7 (the SK-7's little brother) and a case temp of 20*C.

BTW the Smartfan II at "full" is 4800+rpm.

yea i would say your a bit high. with my ax-7 and a smartfan 2 running my 2100 @2.3 ghz with 1.8 volts i'm getting a max load tempof about 40. but my computer is in my basement and the temp inside my case right now is only 70 degs F. reseat and let us know. and how much voltige ae you using on the vcore.

modenaf1 said:
50° is nothin to worry about. If you had it fully stock THEN i would worry but your doin good.

LOL!!! Thanks to my fan (signature) my IDLE temp is at 48 and load at 54 (stock speed on CPU). And these are the best results. With some dust between the HS and the HSF I get 52 IDLE and 60 LOAD!!! So I should worry...

Kaski said:

LOL!!! Thanks to my fan (signature) my IDLE temp is at 48 and load at 54 (stock speed on CPU). And these are the best results. With some dust between the HS and the HSF I get 52 IDLE and 60 LOAD!!! So I should worry...
sounds hot, i would think that a Tbred b would run a lot cooler. i had a pally 2100 that ran in that area with the stock HSF.

The ambient temp of this room is usually ~70 and vcore is at 1.75, but i'll re-apply the AS3. heh another stuipd question: How long does AS3 last? Like could I keep it unused for say, 3 years then if i build a comp could I use the same tube?

Back