• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Springdale!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

Woot! The beast is up and running :D

I am already quite impressed and I just finished installing windows and all the drivers.

Windows installed in 17 minutes flat. not 39 like it always tells you.

So far everything is working very smoothly. I'll post some pics later once I get more stuff installed.

Only thing so far thats weird that I have yet to really investigate... when you set the FSB to a certain speed its like the ram speed (which updates itself when you change the FSB) is automatically set to almost a 3:4 cpu:ram ratio. this is not good for me as I need to be at 200fsb which would make the ram speed way higher than my ram can handle. I'll check around a bit. Right now i'm running at 160fsb which is 201mhz on the ram.

more to come for sure.

springdale.jpg

i'm using the 2.4g that was in my BD7II that has been stable at 195fsb before.

i just figured something out by rtfm which might solve the ram problem.

time to reboot :D

ok when i installed the memory i didn't have it in the right slots and it was in single channel mode.

now i have it in dual channel mode and the only speed i've been able to get into windows is 133fsb :(

i must be missing something here. this thing is built like an overclocking machine.

cpu voltage adjustments up to 2.3v
dimm voltage adjustments up to 3.3v

sandra scores at 133mhz memory bandwidth is 3300mb/s in dual channel mode. 2980 at 201mhz single channel mode.

jdmcnudgent said:
you have awesome mem that runs at high speeds. now it seems time to go into the chipset features in the bios and tweak it a bit.

o wait, i think you should take the sticks out of the other machine, and try again.
sticks?

i have only one stick of kingston valueram.

this is very strange.

hmm. i'm in windows in dual channel mode now at 140fsb. i've had to put 2.95v through the ram to make it this far. and 1.7v through the processor.

ok it gets weirder.

i can put a single stick in and it will run in 1:1 mode. but if i put two in it locks in at 4:5 mode.

also... i can't boot over 160fsb even at 1:1 with this board. the chip is capable of 195 stable in my BD7II. I've had this ram running 210mhz in a 8RDA+ so I don't think its the ram.

The motherboard seems to have some really weird stuff going on in the memory department.

I have to run at 2.9v just to run in dual channel mode at stock 133mhz.

This board could be so much better than it appears to be. Fix the freakin locked crap and make the memory actually work. Then you've got yourself a board. voltage options through the roof do you no good if you can't even run at stock speeds at stock voltages.

I'll give it a more thorough shakedown tomorrow. my head hurts from trying to figure this board out. :(

does that mobo have divisors of memory? 3/2 ........more FSB and less memory mhz

I am thought buy the NEO2 canterwood and if it has divisors of memory shortly will make myself with one

pics:

865box.jpg

865layout.jpg

Just in case someone thought i was making it up or photoshopping that screenshot above.

AcUaViVa said:
does that mobo have divisors of memory? 3/2 ........more FSB and less memory mhz

I am thought buy the NEO2 canterwood and if it has divisors of memory shortly will make myself with one
Dividers are locked on this board. It even says it in the bios. Big fat Locked.

AcUaViVa said:
the only that has divisors is the abit IC7?

you know if the NEO2 canterwood has divisors?
i have no idea. i would assume so but i also assumed i wouldn't be locked into dividers like this with this board.

AcUaViVa said:
then, would you recommend me the 875PNEO2?

I can change it for my P4G8X deluxe without practically any cost
i'm not sure.

this board seems to have been rushed out of the plant with an incomplete bios sent along the ride. with a new bios i think this board could be alot better. most of my problems have been trying to overcome very strict settings.

AcUaViVa said:
then, would you recommend me the 875PNEO2?

I can change it for my P4G8X deluxe without practically any cost
i would not buy this board at the moment, so hold off till this issue gets solved.

ur deluxe was almost double the cost of this board. I would sell ur board to some smuck ;) then but a canterwood or springdale.

AZN

Back