• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

finally...i'm doin' the dual

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dustybyrd

so i finally got the last component to set up the dual system...

an MSI pro266LR master...

this thing is so fast and CRISP...
this machine is awesome...

i installed windows XP pro in 8 minutes...with 2x60gb hard's in RAID...and with two 1.4 p3s's @ 1.62 ghz (cas 2) ---took 25 minutes with one 60gb on the 1.62 ghz cel-tual single cpu...

the only thing is the board can't do voltage adjustments on the CPU...thus i can only overclock to 1.62 (154 fsb) with 1.42 (default volts)....i could do the vidpin trick for maybe 50-70 more mhz...

one other drawback...one of the cpu sockets can't fit a vantec aeroflow heat sink...just the stock intel one...that translates into 55C temps (vs 43-44C on the aeroflow socket)...the voltage regulators are right next to one of the sockets...oh well..the temp never goes above 60C (that is a little hot though)

does anyone else have this board and if so...what did you do about getting a good heat sink to fit in the cpu 2 tight socket?

I used the volcano 6 and cut the 3 clip tab to 2 to fit them on it is tight in there but it can be done have you been able to overclock using the multiplier yet and not the fsb and with the fsb that high have you had any problems (I want to push this bugger as far as she will go)
PS her is a pic of mine and I just found out that the ddr doesn't do much for the PIII’s :(

21994873.jpg

21994594.jpg

I used the volcano 6 and cut the 3 clip tab to 2 to fit them on it is tight in there but it can be done have you been able to overclock using the multiplier yet and not the fsb and with the fsb that high have you had any problems (I want to push this bugger as far as she will go)
PS her is a pic of mine and I just found out that the ddr doesn't do much for the PIII’s :(

what do you mean the multiplier instead of fsb? i thought all intel chips were multiplier locked and the only way to overclock was with the fsb?....

on the ddr...i got it too...but my benchmarks aren't any better than sdram....about 1000mb/s

what do you mean the multiplier instead of fsb? i thought all intel chips were multiplier locked and the only way to overclock was with the fsb?....

on the ddr...i got it too...but my benchmarks aren't any better than sdram....about 1000mb/s
CRAP! I forgot that, its been a very long time since I had an Intel P55 (proud to be an AMD guy) but I got a good deal on the chips so I took it and my benches are about the same too :(
PS is there any way to unlock them? (I have only had the system running 2 days for me as I ran into cash problems and tried to sell it, but couldn’t even get what I paid for it so I am going to maximize it for myself instead)

CRAP! I forgot that, its been a very long time since I had an Intel P55 (proud to be an AMD guy) but I got a good deal on the chips so I took it and my benches are about the same too :(
PS is there any way to unlock them? (I have only had the system running 2 days for me as I ran into cash problems and tried to sell it, but couldn’t even get what I paid for it so I am going to maximize it for myself instead)

as far as i know there is NO way to unlock the multiplier---unless you have an ES chip (engineering sample which are unlocked)...

your benches compared to what system?

Sorry for the delay in my reply I was a bit busy here is a copy of my main benchmarks

24938335.jpg

24938330.jpg

24938323.jpg

24938325.jpg

Last edited:
My CPU2 runs rather hot as well, usually 57 to 61C. I am getting better heatsinks soon though. Using 1.5Volts.

I would suggest maybe a case fan drawing air in, over CPU2?

I used to have the very same setup. I volt modded the CPU's however, and got the FSB up to 166MHz with 1.26GHz CPUs. I also used Thermalright SK6+ heatsinks, which worked extemely well, and fit very nicely. Stedeman, your memory benches are very low. Mine were at about 950MB/s with Samsung PC2700. This was still to low for me so I'm going the P4 route.

I haven't adjusted the timming yet but I will do so later today there is only 2 settings I can play with thats "clock" default, 2.5 (now) or 2 and "banks" default, 2 or 4

Last edited:
Back