• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I installed DX9.0a and now 3dmark2001SE won't RUN!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

I'm pretty ****ed, I just did a clean install, installed the new Nvidia drivers 43.45 and DX9.0a and 3dmark2001SE won't run, yet 3dmark2000 runs.. what is going on and how do I fix it..

uninstall 2K1 then reinstall it. that fixed it for me when that happened. just so you know, it's not a DX compatibility issue :)

Use "Search" (start, search(xp users)), then type the dll name in, see where its located, copy the new dll to that folder overwriting the current one. Would of thought it would be that simple....unless theres something i'm missing?.. :D good luck dude... hope that helps. ;)

ok **** it... I tried to add the .dll file but it still didn't work.. so i just did another clean install... lesson of the day... DON'T INSTALL DX9.0a...

When un-installing did you check to see if any registry entries or folders remained?.... some files like to linger after un-installs on some programs, might be a good idea to see if anything was left behind after the un-install. If a bad file had remained then the reinstall was bound to not work.

Just an idea!*!

Are you 100% sure you have build 330? Some of the mirrors mentioned in the Build 330 d/l page have the old version.

I had the same problem too after downloading from voodoofiles, but I chose another mirror that really was Build 330 and it works now.

Or just try downloading the Build 300->330 patch.

well everything is fine now.. I just did another clean install and everything works perfectly. 20087 3Dmarks at 640x480 with a 315/615 OC, if I leave it to 340/640 can you say 21000+ 3Dmarks

Back