• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

146 Point Gromacs !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cowboy X

I couldn't believe it when i got a 73 point gromacs WU but when I scrolled upwards I saw a 146 pointer !

p671 = 73 , 100 frames

p670 = 73 , 100 frames

p656 = 146 , 100 frames

p657 = 146 , 100 frames

WOOR , let the good times roll .

wooah i want one! I think the highest gromac ive had so far is a 33pointer, and i thought that was nice:D

The deadline of 40 days is for the older machines--400MHz, etc. They fold slowly. It also means that it's probably a huge protein that it'll take our XP's and PIV's quite a while (relatively speaking) to fold. :)

i think this is where some of the people with the dual bartons (or those planning to...hint hint wedo :)) should step into the fold (and i only know of one person w/a dual barton running sucessfuly...theotherphil) so hmmmmm.....this may be a better reason for me to get my barton :)
FOLD ON!

'Gumpy

*remembers way back when when I thought hitting 146 points a week was really something*

146 points for one WU?!?!? So that's how all these newer guys are getting 20,000 points on 1500 WU's, and it took me almost 5000 WU's to make 20K.... :eek: :rolleyes:

Man...if I could get a steady "diet" of those, I might actually be able to reverse the backwards slide I've been on in the stats...:cool:

B.

CharlesHF said:

Or could... :D

I could pull an "Earnhardt" type maneuver on ya...you pass me, I draft ya for a bit, tap your rear bumper and "rattle your cage", get you "loose" comin' out of turn four, and sail back past ya.... :cool:

B.

Aaaaaargh! Got a P670 on the K6-2, it's taking 5 HOURS, 40 Mins a frame!!!!!!!! That's 24 days!!!! I thought that last big tinker was bad enough taking 2 weeks. Leave it running or flush it? vote now!

Road Warrior

edit: Deadline on that one is 20 days, I'm flushing it...

Mr B said:

Or could... :D

I could pull an "Earnhardt" type maneuver on ya...you pass me, I draft ya for a bit, tap your rear bumper and "rattle your cage", get you "loose" comin' out of turn four, and sail back past ya.... :cool:

B.

Or I could pull a Michael Schumacher and let you think you're about to pass me and then leave you eating my dust. ;) :cool:

CharlesHF said:

Or I could pull a Michael Schumacher and let you think you're about to pass me and then leave you eating my dust. ;) :cool:

I say go for a Valentino Rossi and throw an insane late breaking manuver into the mid-straight chicane that steps your rear end out about 12-18 inches. Then throw your bike into the inside line on the apex and just as your knee puck touches down, grab a handful of throttle leaving a long, black rubber streak, and your competitor, behind.

Wedo

Make sure your boxes are stable before starting to fold one of those. A "Special Exit" and /or restart will really set you back. They also may fold hotter. I have a p671 on an XP @2200+ doing a frame in 29.25 min.

Edit: After getting my head out of my posterior and doing some math, I realized that the above time was far too slow. Restarted wu and time has dropped to 14.5 min/frame or 24+hours. Not too shabby wot.

Last edited:
Everyone gets all excited about the big pointer gromacs.
but have you guys considered that the 18 pointers seem to
complete very quickly, and that in the time it take you to do
one 147 point gromac, the rest of us could maybe do 200 points
worth of 18 or 33 pointers?

I've not seen proof yet that the bigger the points, the better.

Someone prove me wrong here with some numbers! I've not
seen any of these super large pointers yet!

Lost a 78 pointer[MAD] @ 89 frames done, on a STOCK XP1600+

So anymore 78 pointers or 146's are going right back to stranford, I am tired of wasting all that time for nothing. I could see if it was OC'd but just a stock folding rig, has no problems with 33 pointers.

[Off soap box]

I'm still chock full of 33 pointers.

I'd like to get my hands on one of these new WU and see
whats what!

I like the smaller units better. Finish quickly, less chance of losing them, and generally better pts/hr. Does it look like these new units are actualy production units for the masses, and not just advmethods?

-Rav

Back