• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DAMN! With this comp, who needs that Ionic Breeze thing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FleshEating Bob

I had no idea computer innards should collect so much dust so quickly! It's only been maybe 3 months at most since I last cleaned out my comp, and it was already re-coated with a layer of dust about 1/8" thick when I cleaned it out yesterday! No wonder I was getting CPU temps around 45C load! Without the dust layer, today it's down to 39C; I had no idea that dust could be such a big problem.

Her name is Tiffany Lang.

Pm me for a full size photo, or can I just start a new thread in GC?

Captain Slug said:
2 words
Fan filters

I have them on all of my intakes and now I only have to clean the inside of my case every 7 or 8 months

I heard that they really decrease airflow? How good are they working over there? Our house has a big problem with dust, and my computer collects a lot of it. I need something like that but I don't want to sacrifice too much airflow for a clean case.

diggingforgold said:
I heard that they really decrease airflow? How good are they working over there? Our house has a big problem with dust, and my computer collects a lot of it. I need something like that but I don't want to sacrifice too much airflow for a clean case.
You don't lose any noticable amount. I'm currently using the aluminum mesh type filters at the end of intake ducts. My intake fans are in the middle of my case, but I have ducts running to the front of the case.
Every 3 months I just use a toothbrush to wipe the dust off the filters.

Back