• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BP6 system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wonko The Sane

I have a system i'm thinking about selling, and was wondering if anyone could tell me about how much it would be worth. **This box is not currently for sale, it's only being considered**

anyway,
abit bp6
2x 400 MHz celeron (6x66mhz)
512 MB ram (2x256) pc 133
27 gb hdd
10/100 linksys nic
8mb generic PCI video card

I was thinking around $300, but am wondering if this sounds right.

Thanks in advance.

I cant say for the motherboard, but the memory listed on pricewatch is listed at 26, the nic, well thats about 10 really, the vid, again, I would say 10ish.
the hdd about 50ish, give or take a few bucks.
Case? psu?
Doesnt look too bad for 300, but IMO a lil high. I cant say for sure, I dont know what the board or cpus would be worth really, but Id think 200-250.

Im sure someone who knows the board and cpu prices better would be able to give yea a better idea.

I would say about $150-200. I'm sure that this was a nice PC in its time. Though it is an SMP system, PPGA celerons are quite obsolete and don't really perform well compared to modern CPUs, even uniprocessor PCs.

i dunno, have you ever run a pair of cellys? This rig I am on now celly@466 on an l440GX+ with 768 meg of ram will out multitask any otehr computer I have ever used, to the point I don't like usingin other computer to multi task, because of the lag, Granted, this is the only dulie i have never been on.

Yes, I had a BP6 system. It had two celeron 400s at 600MHz. I then upgraded to a single PIII 1.0GHz system, and found that it performed better, even at multitasking. I find it hard to believe that at dual PPGA celeron system would perform better than an Athlon XP 1700+.

Back