• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newegg wishlist idiots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Core voltage is 18"-->wowie, somebody's a genius. :rolleyes:

If they aren't looking to overclock this system, I wouldn't waste my money on an 8rda+. I'd get something cheaper, but stable enough for normal use. The 8rda+ is a great board either way but why spend that much money on a board basically made for overclocking?

This jumped out at me too...

"P4s have a front side Bus frequency of 533, but in all acuality it is 133 because the core voltage is 18 for a 2.4 Ghz. So the bus is really 133."

Oh compu-sama... impart your wisdom on us further... though we are not worthy...

"P4s have a front side Bus frequency of 533, but in all acuality it is 133 because the core voltage is 18 for a 2.4 Ghz. So the bus is really 133."
:rolleyes:
does anyone know what he is trying to say here, other than contradicting himself and demonstrating that he has no clue?

Sterculus said:
:rolleyes:
does anyone know what he is trying to say here, other than contradicting himself and demonstrating that he has no clue?
well its kinda confusing because he is talking about the quad pumping bus but ends up talking about the "core voltage" which he means multplier is 18 for a 2.4ghz 'b' northwood which is correct.

either he was drunk or someone who knows just enough to be dangerous.

All I can say is it's a damn good thing pentiums dont let you adjust voltages in bios or that poor ******* would be a very poor man.

Lithan said:
All I can say is it's a damn good thing pentiums dont let you adjust voltages in bios or that poor ******* would be a very poor man.
um.. but they do.

Lithan said:

lol, I guess my 1.7 vcore at 176 fsb is a pigment of my imagination, lol j/k

edit: actually its figment..........is'nt it? :confused:

Last edited:
Maxvla said:

well its kinda confusing because he is talking about the quad pumping bus but ends up talking about the "core voltage" which he means multplier is 18 for a 2.4ghz 'b' northwood which is correct.

it's the "big words" syndrome. he tries to talk the talk, and use "big words" to seem like he knows what he's saying. this works on his friends who can't use a mouse, but it was pretty stupid to post it on a site like newegg. i get the idea that many of newegg's customers actually know what they are talking about.

even i know mare than that guy......lemme see, if i used my amd chip in a pentium board, i'd get 18 vcore, and also i'd get quad pumped 266mhz fsb, for a whopping 1064mhz fsb system. which, at 18vcore would be the fastest memory bandwidth a soundstorm board has ever seen. all that is because i use a s.b. live to control by pci bus to under 40mhz allowing the toaster to bake crikets 3 nano seconds faster than a hair dryer on low. keep in mind this needs to be in a room warm enough to allow the lite-on to report bad sectors to mbm5. this will get the best 3dmark scores after a burn in at 2 mhz, 18 vcore.....lmao....ok, now i'm getting confused...

:D

madsam said:
it's the "big words" syndrome. he tries to talk the talk, and use "big words" to seem like he knows what he's saying. this works on his friends who can't use a mouse, but it was pretty stupid to post it on a site like newegg. i get the idea that many of newegg's customers actually know what they are talking about.

even i know mare than that guy......lemme see, if i used my amd chip in a pentium board, i'd get 18 vcore, and also i'd get quad pumped 266mhz fsb, for a whopping 1064mhz fsb system. which, at 18vcore would be the fastest memory bandwidth a soundstorm board has ever seen. all that is because i use a s.b. live to control by pci bus to under 40mhz allowing the toaster to bake crikets 3 nano seconds faster than a hair dryer on low. keep in mind this needs to be in a room warm enough to allow the lite-on to report bad sectors to mbm5. this will get the best 3dmark scores after a burn in at 2 mhz, 18 vcore.....lmao....ok, now i'm getting confused...

Well, see, your PCI bus AC/DC modulator is offset by the trigonometric inverse vaule of Pi and Avagadro's number. Since your bus speed is slowed down by the rotation of the planet Jupiter around the sun, and since the moon is in retrograde, your AMD's bus speed will be approximately 6.02*10^23 MHz, but only if your stock price is down on Wednesday. If your stock price is UP on Wednesday but DOWN on Friday (which happens only if it's Casual Friday), then your bus speed is only 3.14159265358979GHz.
And, your Vcore is a mixture of e and the transmogrified beta-tested ExtremeDSLMaXX value, but only if Cisco's 1720 modular access router says so. And, your AMD chip is probably green because of a certain pigment that has been eaten by cows, since they rechew their food, and....

I could do this all day, lol! :D If someone says "Why isn't my computer working?" just say something like that to them and you'll have all the job security you ever need. It's so funny to watch people's faces when you spew computer jargon at them. :D

So according to mastah, if i use my cat as a thermal compound between a cpu and a piece of copper i will get a 300ghz processor with a vcore of 50? lol....

Maxvla said:

Oh, the only people that participate in that wish list thing are people who don't yet know enough to post in a computer forum of knowledgeable users like this place. Bewegg is for buying stuff, thats about it.

CharlesHF said:

Well, see, your PCI bus AC/DC modulator is offset by the trigonometric inverse vaule of Pi and Avagadro's number. Since your bus speed is slowed down by the rotation of the planet Jupiter around the sun, and since the moon is in retrograde, your AMD's bus speed will be approximately 6.02*10^23 MHz, but only if your stock price is down on Wednesday. If your stock price is UP on Wednesday but DOWN on Friday (which happens only if it's Casual Friday), then your bus speed is only 3.14159265358979GHz.
And, your Vcore is a mixture of e and the transmogrified beta-tested ExtremeDSLMaXX value, but only if Cisco's 1720 modular access router says so. And, your AMD chip is probably green because of a certain pigment that has been eaten by cows, since they rechew their food, and....

I could do this all day, lol! :D If someone says "Why isn't my computer working?" just say something like that to them and you'll have all the job security you ever need. It's so funny to watch people's faces when you spew computer jargon at them. :D

you'll need to reduce the vcore because of global warming.....or your idea won't work.

or use a cat as a thermal conductor as mentioned above. then reconnect the arc welder cables

Malakai said:

Oh, the only people that participate in that wish list thing are people who don't yet know enough to post in a computer forum of knowledgeable users like this place. Bewegg is for buying stuff, thats about it.

to be fair, and honest, i think a lot of folks make up a wish list, and post it to get comments before they make their purchase....the sad part is that folks who know nothing are posting the dumbest comments , which in most cases, are not good suggestions to the person posting their wish list rig.

i mean, i might put one together and list it on the forums to get ideas from folks who might know of an incompatibility issue, or even where i'm buying something i don't need, or less than what i need. unfortunately, the wish list idea hasn't brought this advantage to the buyers since it's not o/c forums, and therefore doesn't get the input of obsessed pc tweakers as we do here.

but, it is fun for us to read some of those silly remarks idiots are posting.....lol;)

Last edited:
Woops... I thought I read somewhere you had to wrap pins to change your voltages.

It is figment.

Last edited:
Back