• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Canada Only: Fujifilm 80 min. 700MB 50-pack CD-Rs for CA$19.95 AR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The levy is already included in the price, so there are no additional costs, except for GST/PST.

And yeah, I read that too SkaGoatMaster. It looks like the music industry wants to increase the levy. I'm stocking up whenever I can, because if the levy increases do go through, CD-R prices will be sky high. :mad:

gravitywell said:
I'm going to bite...

What's a levy?

A levy is sorta like a tax, except it's not collected by the government; it's collected by a group representing a certain industry -- in this case, the recording industry.

The current levy on all CD-Rs in Canada is $0.21/disc. The recording industry is trying to increase this to $0.59/disc.

Most stores include the levy in their advertised prices, but some, like London Drugs, don't. So be careful when you read ads in a newspaper because CD-R prices can be misleading.

BTW, gravitywell, are you a Canadian resident? The rebates are only valid within Canada.

Last edited:
Yep, awhile back I bought Fuji CD-R's from London Drugs at the supposed sale price of $25 CDN (down from $40), and the levy raised the price right up to $40 again :eek: :mad:

Might as well go to Staples, thanks for the deal esit :)

I'm not a canadian resident, I was just surfing the forums when I came across this. I'm not even interested in the discs, I have a few hundred laying around. I was just curious.

Back