• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Netgear RT311 Router & CS Server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deranged667

Registered
I've set up my SMP system to run a CS server at my house but I have an RT311 Router with NAT running on it to act as a port filter between my LAN and the internet. I set up the server so that it has a static address of 192.168.0.100 which falls in the same subnet as the rest of my LAN which runs on a 24 bit subnet. However, it just so happens that the rest of my LAN gets it's IP addresses dynamically assigned by the router's built in DHCP server. Anyway, I went into the router port filter setup, after updating the firmware for it, and entered the protocols and corresponding ports and instructions. The ports which needed to be opened where 27015 (incoming)/27010, 27012, 5273 (outgoing). I also went into the SUA setup and entered the ports and corresponding IPs for NAT. I got through doing that and then I tried to enter the exact Source IP address of my server (192.168.0.100) for the ports which were outgoing and it says:

Filter error : -16, Invalid IP source address

I'm wondering if I should just leave the entry blank or try something else. My guess is that the router doesn't like the fact that the IP I chose for my server isn't within it's normal DHCP pool and therefore it refuses to accept the address but I'm not certain. I'm hoping someone with a bit more experience with Netgear routers will have an answer for me. Thanks.

You don't need to set anything on the outgoing side. Merely creating an exception for the incoming port and directing it to the local IP of the server is all that is necessary.

Back