• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cas settings on MSI PRO266TD LR master board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dustybyrd

i also posted this question in the memory section but because it's a dual board i figured someone here might have a better idea on the bios fix for it...

i have 2x256mb of pc3000 hyperX... the bios on this board only has one setting for cas levels---and i set it to cas 2....but i think only one of the cas settings gets set to "2"...

thus it's actually running 2,3,3,7 or something...

first, how can i check this? (i tried CTSPD and it doesn't recognize the board)

and second, how can i make all the settings 2,2,2,5?

There aren't many "tunable" options for memory bar setting Cas latency at two and 4 bank interleave. I set mine to Dram clock to spd. I did some Sandra memory benchmarking and I didn't notice any discernable difference by messing with the Dram clock.

That's a good OC for that motherboard. I could get no further than 156 when I corrupted my OS. :D Lessons learned. Works fine at 142.

That's a good OC for that motherboard. I could get no further than 156 when I corrupted my OS. :D Lessons learned. Works fine at 142. [/B]

i know what you mean, i corrupted by OS as well when i went to 157...which i know the chip supported based on the TISU results...
i figured it was due to the RAID and the high (39 mhz) pci speed on them...

also, is SPD better than the "HOST clock" setting?

dustybyrd said:

also, is SPD better than the "HOST clock" setting?

I could see no difference when using Sandra. Not like setting it to 4 bank interleave. If you find out different, let me know. :)
i figured it was due to the RAID and the high (39 mhz) pci speed on them...
Unfortunately no PCI divider. Is your rig stable at that OC? I have 2 x 1.26 Tullies. I couldn't afford the "then" premium on the 1.4GHz Tualatins else I too would have sought the magic 1.6GHz clock!. :D Intel are virtually giving Prestonias away then and now. I guess it's part of their "segmentation" strategy.

Unfortunately no PCI divider. Is your rig stable at that OC? I have 2 x 1.26 Tullies. I couldn't afford the "then" premium on the 1.4GHz Tualatins else I too would have sought the magic 1.6GHz clock!. :D Intel are virtually giving Prestonias away then and now. I guess it's part of their "segmentation" strategy. [/B]

what is Prestonias?

I too would have sought the magic 1.6GHz clock [/B]

actually, i thought i would use 1.26's, because i had two that can hit 1.6....then i found out that the board doesn't have 1/5th divider...

i got the 1.4's for pretty cheap 110 and 135 on ebay and here...the 110 deal was a buy it now and it was there 5 minutes before i saw it and snatched it...

dustybyrd said:

what is Prestonias?

DP Xeon's.

nprd6.jpg

EazyduzIt said:
Is your rig stable at that OC? [/B]

yeah it appears this board can take 154 fsb 100% stablely...i have been runn passmark burnin test (tests all components at once) and prime95 with no problems while surfing, etc....

again, the problem is likely the pci of the hard drives after 154 fsb...so that means with 1.26's they should do at least 1450...

Back