• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my *future* system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

ok this is what ive put together so far-- im open to suggestions
and i havent gotten all the little things yet like xtra fans and such

and im going to buy a CRT monitor froma local store, dont want to fedex it

tell me if i forgot something plz!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHIEFTEC Server Chasis (Aluminum Workstation Tower with Plastic Front Cover) BLACK COLOR w/ Side acrylic window **Now with 2 x Front USB2.0 and 1 x Firewire IEEE1394 ports** Model AX-01BLD Retail Weights Only 18LBs!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABIT NF7-S ,nForce2 SPP chipset Support AMD Socket A with 200/266/333 FSB ,8X AGP,SATA 150 ATX motherboard Retail

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire ATI OEM RADEON 9500 128MB DDR BULK

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD ATHLON XP 2500 "Barton" 333 FSB PROCESSOR CPU- OEM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency (Twin Pack) 512MB(2 x 256MB) 2x(32MX64) PC-3200LL With Heat Spreaders.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*BLACK* PANASONIC 1.44 MB DENSITY FLOPPY DISK DRIVE, MODEL # JU-256A-198P - OEM, DRIVE ONLY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WD WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 80GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE MODEL # WD800JB - OEM, DRIVE ONLY

Lite On 48x24x48 CDRW Model LTR-48246SBlack OEM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 COOLER MASTER TLF-R82 (TLF-R82-E1) ( Blue )Neon L.E.D. Fan. Size: 80 x 80 x 25 mm.

Thermaltake SMART CASE FAN II WITH “COOLMOD” . Variable Fan Speed Control, by temperature sensor. Plus Tt CoolMod 4 LED

Thermalright SLK-800(A) ( Heatsink ONLY ). All Copper heat spread. New Version.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPARKLE 400 WATTS ATX UL APPROVED POWER SUPPLY MODEL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

right now... grand total of $950 U.S. dollars
on newegg

(the price has gone up about $150 since you guys started reminding me about things i should get lol)

Last edited:
slk-900, and a 92mm panaflow, along with 2 front case fans.

I recommend the coolermaster quad LED blue 80mm fans on newegg.com

it says for the slk-900 you have to have a

All Copper heat spread. AMD: Athlon XP Palamino, Thoroughbred, and Barton 2800+ and up.

or do they jsut say that and it can really work for a 2500 barton?

if its recommended use is for a barton 2800 and up.... logically, it would work for a slower processor as well.... like a barton 2500.

I don't see a sound card in there... If your already going to get the NF7, just spend another $20 and get the NF7-s. it uses nvidias soundstorm APU (side note: that's whats in the xbox) It's almost on level with an audigy 2.

mmm im pretty sure that the NF7 southbridge is MCP (which doesn't have soundstorm) while the NF7-s uses the MCP-T (which has soundstorm)

yea, i just looked at the abit website, and only the nf7-s has soundstorm

Looks like it'll be a very nice setup. I'd go with some of the same things if I was starting new.

I was lucky and picked up one of those cases from Newegg's refurb bin for $47.25 shipped. Very happy about that!

ok guys i got a question!!

should i get 2x256 pc3200 DDR

or 1x512 pc3200 ddr?!

can you elaborate on whats the diff between dual channel and single?

and pc3500 would be higher than DDR400 which is the max the mobo can support i think

unless yoru right agbain :)

Back