• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quitest 120mm Fan out???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't know, I was hoping someone else would know. I'll try to help keep this bumped until someone knows the answer.

hey are those aluminum ones good? they are like 15 dolars which is the same as the panaflos and they rate as 30dba and like 80 cfm.

jlin453:

Why claim quiet fans are useless due to poor airflow, and then follow up and suggest a "best solution" of undervolting the quietest fan you can find???

jlin453 -
having the quietest fan is useless. You might as well have no fan then b/c it won't be moving too much air

I disagree with that. 4 of these 120mm fans move more air than most stock coolers. They also move a comparable amount of air to a 38dBA@47CFM Panaflo U1A 80mm fan - with less than half the noise.

Papst 4312MV [email protected] (variable fan)
Sanyo Denki 109P1212L402 [email protected]
Papst 4412FGL [email protected]
Adda AD1212LB-F53 [email protected]
Nidec (USA) A34343 [email protected]
Sanyo Denki 109E1212L102 [email protected]

These Last 2 fans are quite quiet, and 58.9CFM is quite a bit of airflow:

Papst 4212NGL [email protected]
Papst 4212NL [email protected]

jlin453 -
You could always 5V or 7V mod a fan. So, find the most quiet fan and then 5V it. That will be your best solution if you want something quiet

I disagree here too. I just listed many quiet fans. 5v or 7v mods would produce diminishing returns as far as noise reduction is concerned.

You probably can't even hear that Papst 4312MV 22.0dBA @41.2CFM over your powersupply and hard drive.
~BdK

Last edited:
Well, I didn't say quiet fans are useless. I said the quietest one. And I'll admit, I was wrong with what I said. I was thinking of smaller fans (80mm).

Usually when I think of 120mm fans, I think of fans that move a large amount of air.

And I didn't know about those models you listed. Cool of you to list them

Sorry :)

no worries bro

no worries bro, no need to apologize either. i was just disagreeing with you. and you're correct as to saying that you said "the quietest" and not just "quiet", I guess it's a good thing I quoted you just the same then, huh.

PEACE!
~BdK

ryuen said:
hey are those aluminum ones good? they are like 15 dolars which is the same as the panaflos and they rate as 30dba and like 80 cfm.

nobody has heard of these? ive seen these around everywhere. i thought they sucked or were misleading specs beacuse nobody talks about them.

ryuen said:

nobody has heard of these? ive seen these around everywhere. i thought they sucked or were misleading specs beacuse nobody talks about them.

The evercool's? I have the 80mm evercool and it's awesome. Very quiet and has a higheroutput than a lot of fans in that dba area.

The thing about the 120mm Evercool...I've seen different specs on different websites, and I think there is only ONE model that's 120mm :) so....which to trust?

With my 80mm evercool experience, I wouldve picked the 120mm evercool if it weren't for the high price

just an update. I ordered the Enermax uc 12fab. It arrives on the 5th. Hope it is whisper quite.

You guys need to stop convincing me to buy an Enermax one ;)

Don't like my Thermaltake one now...even at 7V, it's still noticeable(well only if you TRY to hear it i guess)...

Back