• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking my cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

i need to know what i need and what to do to overclock my old AMD K6 233MHZ CPU plesae help i just need to know what i need and i need to know what to do

you need to find your MB manual. If you dont have it. Look online. You have to adjust the multiplier and FSB with jumpers on your mother board. you might not even be able too. I'm making a server with an old processor/MB and the MB wouldn't allow anything higher.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

I know what you need to do. Buy a new pc. :D j/k.

Check the bios if there is an option to change the multiplier or fsb.
If not the biosm then it might be jumpers on the mobo.

yeah bios first. I just figured that he checked there already... and since it wasn't there, didn't know what to do.

ok first i just to say that im glad i came here to ask stuff and also i would like to say that gohan that maxima has is really cool but i did check my bios and i downloaded a program that tells me everything about my computer and i do have the manuale for my MB which i got off the companys website but first let me tell what i found in my bios the only thing that i could find was something called AT BUS and right now its on auto but i can change it here is what i can change it to:
auto
PciClk/2
PciClk/3
PciClk/4
PciClk/5
PciClk/6
7.19MHZ and i have done some reasearch and i know i can overclock it to 266mhz thats about it but thats fine with me cause im going to try and see if i can upgrad the cpu and i think i can so i will try but this is it for now cya

Back