• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first shroud is done (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smesx1

ive never posted pictures before so here goes.

its a suzuki samurai heater core and a homemade aluminum shroud jb welded, and a sunon 120mm fan. WHat do you think?

heatercore2.jpg

Sean

dimensions 6 x 6 x 2

Yeah i read your article but i changed it up a bit. I mad it all out of one piece of aluminum and bent it and just jb welded the corners. It seemed a lot easier to me. I love dremels they are so cool.

thats an awesome core! I have wanted one for a while, its one of the smallest ones, the fin density is also much greater than regular cores. The isusu trooper has the same core, but the inlet and outlet barbs come out the sides usually.

Jon

Looks sweet!

Is it a copper core like the chevette?

And did you fix it to the core like dodgeviper?

Good work, might use the bending option :)

yes it is made of copper and the fin density is great. There are like thousands of tiny fins all over it. I hope it works out well. I should get everything (tc-4, maxijet 1200, clearflex) on tues. I probly wont get a chance to get it all installed till this weekend. I may be able to get it leak testing tues night though. Ill post some results and pics when im all done.

oh on the bending thing for the aluminum. I had to score it with the cutting wheel on the dremel to get it to bend. I probly only cut it about half way through and it bent real nice. I like how it looks on the top because its bent and a lot cleaner looking then my jb weld would look.

Awsome looking shroud. Question on the radiator though, do you happen to remember what year/make/model it is? Its the perfect sized radiator that I'm looking for.

? What sells in stores? The core? They all bloody do:( I saw isuzu trooper mentioned but I haven't found any place that sells or has a picture of the core.

Back