• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LA Frys $80 XP2000 and ECS motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fmah

Los Angeles area Fry's sale.

1008032_260607.jpg

Im guessing the deal is not available online. Someone please correct me if Im wrong (I hope I am) My school needs some decent comps, theyre still running 400mhz processors and 32mb ram and they asked if the could run photoshop on it

Outpost.com is Fry's online presense. But even though they carry alot of the same products, the pricing is always higher online.
For example they have this same combo online for $133.

And Fry's is only on the west coast and texas.

AllenSmoker said:
Outpost.com is Fry's online presense. But even though they carry alot of the same products, the pricing is always higher online.
For example they have this same combo online for $133.

And Fry's is only on the west coast and texas.
Bummer, if anyone wants to help me and my school out that would be great but if not thats okay

I picked one up for a friend on the weekend, I think the deal ended Tuesday....at least here in Vegas.

not to worry.. fry's has those sorts of deals all the time... when memorial day rolls around, there will most definitely be some crazy deal going on ..

Keep in mind though that the ECS board they are packaging these days is a pretty low budget board with minimal features and only questionable reliability.

Also, keep in mind that if you've been to Fry's as many times as I have, you'd see that almost every one of the "package" boards on the shelves, and many other popular items, are customer returns.. Yes that's right... what you guys on the east coast don't know about fry's is they typically throw customer returns right back on the shelves with a little sticker but do NOT discount the product in any way.. Half the time, the product doesn't even work because some crafty customer switched the products instead of sending his out for RMA.

Personally, I would rather pass up a deal than buy one that's been used at the full price.. my experiences have always been bad and it's never been worth the hassle.

When the next deal pops up on a mobo combo, i'll look out for it and u guys truly want some of these deals, I can pick up a bunch at Fry's and ship em to ya guys w/o any charge of my own. In Orange County alone there are 2 Fry's and a few more in L.A. Just PM me when a good deal comes out and I'll check it out.

I agree that it does suck that they wont discount used items. I actually waited a week to pick up one of their combos just so I could get a new board. The boards arnt really feature rich, but the pro version (same price) does come with usb2 ports. I wouldnt use them for anything other then a budget system. Or keeping the cpu and seling the board on ebay for $50.

When shopping at Fry's I just make sure to get one that has not been returned...No big deal...just look for one without the returned sticker on it...And that ECS K7S5A aint bad...just gotta make sure and have a good power supply...:)

Back