• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SERIOUS HARDWARE PROBLEM! need help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darth

I started up my computer and i ddnt get any signal to my moniter, then my pc speaker gave me long continueous beeps. I'm not sure what im missing. it was working fine this morning and for the past few years, except for a bunch of irq_not_less_or_equal crashes (shot mobo?). I isolated my video card, mother board, RAM, and CPU. and it still gives me these beeps and i get no signal to the moniter.

ok right now im considering these posibilities:

shot AGP slot (i sure as hell hope not, cuz that means i will need a new mobo and video card)

shot video card

CPU overheat/malfunction (doubt it, i have a good copper cooler and a low O/C)

dead RAM (doubt it, good quality but will check some more)

shot powersupply (all fans spin up, all the lights are fine doubt it is this one too)

Motherboard/BIOS (all the lights seem to be good, cd rom drives spin up...)

Is there anything im forgetting? Prior to this problem i havent been doing ANYTHING to my computer like hardware/tweaking etc. I tried this with my HDD connected and disconnected but neither gave me a different beep pattern. I took out all my PCI cards and i got the same thing, i will try a different video card but i gotta be careful about that agp slot and i gotta check if its burntout. should i try a different vid card? my specs are in my sig. can anybody help?

-Darth

Look in your motherboard manual for beep codes and find out what long continous beeps mean. If there is no signal on the screen its probably a graphics card problem but it might be something else.

I experienced the exact problem, and a similar one recently. Both were solved by reseating my ram. hope that helps.

ok, heres an update

i checked my mobo manual for the beep codes. and yes it is the exact same problem u had nitewulf. the beep codes mean that no DRAM has been detected. i tried re-seating my ram in both slots and im still gettin beeps! my ram slots are pretty clogged up with dust and im gonna clean them out. Either that or my Micron RAM is dead :cry:

any more suggestions?

thx

-Darth

*UPDATE*

i found the jumper to change from SDRAM to DDR RAM and i flicked it to change to DDR. and it turned on WITHOUT any beeping. BUT i still get no signal to the moniter and no single beep to indicate a succesful boot. this is really strange because i never had to set that jumper before because i had some sort of auto-detect option. but thats not the problem i guess. the problem is with this no signal that im getting. i got a feeling that this has something to do with my BIOS. perhaps its screwed up and i need a new one or a new mobo.

any more suggestions would be great.

-Darth :cry:

I tried clearing the CMOS, im still not getting any video.
I'm susupecting something bad with the BIOS. Well, looks like this is the end for my gaming machine. i loved it dearly, and it was good to me, gave me good performance (at the time) and it was the best computer i ever had.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

looks like i will have to take it to the repair shop. before i give up hope is there anything i can do???? ANYTHING?!

Just a thought, You could try putting your vid card in a different comp fi you have access to on. That way you could rule it out as the problem without endangering a new one if something is wrong with your mobo. As I say, just a thought.

i swapped video cards and got nothing, i'll give RAM a try if i can get some off my friends. I've already started to shop for a new mobo. but i will try anything else aswell.

-Darth

so by "swapping video cards got nothing" Mean that you tried your vid card on someone elses system. Or that you tried a known working card on your system and nothing.

You should definitely try your card on maybe a buddys system. See if that will work. You might also want to try reseating everything. CPU, RAM.

trdsw20 said:
so by "swapping video cards got nothing" Mean that you tried your vid card on someone elses system. Or that you tried a known working card on your system and nothing.

You should definitely try your card on maybe a buddys system. See if that will work. You might also want to try reseating everything. CPU, RAM.

I swapped a known working video card into my system and i still did not get any video. I havent tried reseating my CPU but i've reseated EVERYTHING else. its just a hassel to get my giant heatsink off but i will come around to doing it after i try some SDRAM (my motherboard has both DDR and SDR DIMMS) on my board.

-Darth

I would try reseating everything, including the CPU and if that doesn't work, swap out everything including ram with a friend or parts you have lying around. That way you can rule out everything but the mobo.

This is a known issue in some ECS boards especially the VIA ones. What kind of MOBO is it? What are the specs...
I had this problem with three differrent ECS boards as of late.. Sometimes I dislike Fry's deals, lol.

Try putting your components in a friend's system to see if they work. if they do, its your mobo thats the problem.

I've had the long beep before, and it was a ram issue. if you reseat it and it still happens, its probably a problem with your motherboard. Time for an upgrade? :D

irq_not_less_or_equal is often an error you get when your cpu or memory is overclocked too high, I know I get it when I o/c too much. Maybe your RAM has had some issues for a long time already since you said you have had these bluescreens although it has been running stock?

Try to get hold of some new ram, put that in. Clear the CMOS and try to boot.

Back