• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT KR7A-133R Multiplier Unlocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randall

I searched around for this and came up with no luck on several different searches, so here I go:

I have an ABIT KR7A-133R mobo and I just installed an XP1700+. I have it set at 155 X 12.5 right now, but the multiplier settings don't go above 13 on the board. I checked ABIT's website and, while there are bios updates, none of them say anything about updating the multiplier selection (only from 5 - 13 in .5 increments). My questions are:

1.) Have any of you dealt with this before?
2.) Has anyone heard of this before?
3.) Has anyone gotten the fix for it?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out. My JIUHB also would like to extend the watercooled hand of gratitude, as well :)

Daddyb said:
All XPs have something on them that acts as a switch, if it is in the low position you will get the multipliers from 5-12.5 if it is in the high position you will get from 13 and up (note 12.5 and 13 are the same but if the 'switch' is low it will be 12.5, if the 'switch' is high it will be 13).

I believe the 'switch' on your CPU is the 5th L3 bridge, if you connect it you should get multipliers from 5-12.5 (ergo it should be connected right now) if you cut the bridge then you should get the multis from 13 and up.

From http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190628

Back