• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD burning issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gersen

howdy all,

got a good general information question: I have a couple of BIN files (CD images) on my PC. When I try to burn them to CDs (using Nero) they appear to complete normally, and the CD is readable, and all the directory structure and files are there. The files are all the right size also, but they're all EMPTY! I can open any of the files and it's just a bunch of blank space, but it's still the same size the original file was...

As I'm a bit of a neophyte at CD burning, I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not. Any advice on how to correct this (or if my BIN files are just b0rked) would be appreciated. :)

G.

Go get CDMage and extract the file to a directory, and see if the files are actually legit. Provided this is a legal BIN, like an image for a Linux distro, you could also use BlindWrite Suite to burn the disc. I never had much luck with Nero and BIN images.

Back