• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I clear my CMOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darth

i have no "Clear CMOS jumper" on my motherboard so i will have to short it. when do i short my CMOS and what steps do i take before or after? This is my first time and im just wondering.

There will be a battery on the motherboard somewhere. Take that out and leave it for a few minutes, should do the trick.

sometimes if there's no jumper, there are two contact points near the battery. Short them with a paper clip or something, and it's just like you moved a jumper.

but if you do it cjwinnit's way, you won't get potentially electrocuted if you pick the wrong spot :D

I wouldn't be worried about electrocution with such small currents. But I would be worried about blowing some component by shorting a circuit.
As cjwinnit says, remove the battery and wait a while, sure not to mess anything up then.

Back