• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nv35 to details

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmm well if that's true. how long is a good estimate before those new cards would be available to the public?

I ask because im about to upgrade my graphics card. But if those will come out in the next couple months, i could wait. not to get one of those, but for the price drop on the other cards.

I have the feeling that the NV35 won't be NEARLY the dissapointment that the NV30 was / is.

As for killing ATI, I dunno. ATI knows what they're doing - they have some phenomal products right now.

-Three, former nVidia fanboy back when being an nVidia fanboy was like... "Well, duh."

Anyone familiar with the Dramurai biz knows that JEDEC decided that DDR 1 stops at 400 MHz so this memory will use some sort of overclocking to get it to work above the specification, apparently.

Selling overclocked GPU's again? You'd think they'd have learned their lesson the 1st time....:(

Did anyone notice the joke????

As you can read in other story, the NV35 will use 2.2 ns memory available from Hynix and Samsung capable of running at just above 900 MHz. For NV35 Ultra this will be the frequency as the card will be clocked at 450 MHz for the GPU and 900 MHz for memory

:D

if the rumors are true, the card is going to scream. Its supposted to be unveiled at E3(starts may 14 or 16?) i can wait that long to make a decision about NV35 / R350 since im in the market for a new card too

Genocide said:
if the rumors are true, the card is going to scream. Its supposted to be unveiled at E3(starts may 14 or 16?) i can wait that long to make a decision about NV35 / R350 since im in the market for a new card too

Well, it may be shown at E3, but i bet it wont be available till June/July at the earliest

Personally i hope the 9800 and 6800 are dead even in terms of performance to get a good old fashioned Price war going :)

gokickrocks said:
i was assuming 2.0ns ddr1 was going to be on the nv35, as the 9800 pro's already have em

Only the Powercolor 9800 pros have 2.0 ns DDR-I. The rest all have 2.8ns RAM.

My belief is that the NV35 *will* beat the 9800 pro in terms of performance HOWEVER you gotta realize that the NV35 is going to be around for a while. nVidia rushed to producing the NV35 after NV30's failure and so even though the cards built on NV35 will perform better, nVidia still has a lot of time to be able to come up with a different architecture to really be able to get the performance crown back.

The NV35 is going to be pretty much an improved NV30 and not a completely different card.

On the other hand, ATI's R400 *will* be a completely different core than the R350 and will run A LOT faster than the R350.

gokickrocks said:
there is no r400, ati is skipping it and going to the r500

Eh, everyday I am hearing something new. Last week I heard someone say ATI was going to build an R390 or something like that and now the R500.

Doesn't matter what it will be called.

It'll be hella fast! :D Just look at the clock speed the 9600 pros can achieve so R400 or R500 or whatever will smoke the Radeon 9800 pros even just by pure clock speed difference alone. Imagine that card being clocked at 600mhz!!! (well the Radeon 9600 pros the reviewers got can do 570mhz+ so this is not out of the question).

BUT the clock speeds won't be the only thing that will make these cards better than the 9800 pros. ;)

I was expecting alittle more out of this thread. I was hoping more nVidia fans would be like "OH HELL YEAH! ATI'S GOING BANKRUPT NOW!"

Is the R390 a different name for the R400 or is the R400 still going to be released first half 2003 and the R390 in september being a much improved R350.

Back