• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEC MultiSync 5FGe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefoo21

this thing was put out in 1996 and its running at 1024x768 with out umm drivers :cool: and well a 200hz refresh rate. Is this bad for the monitor as i umm yea well in 98 when i selected hide modes it can't support it only went up to 72hz. this is in 98se and xp pro.

Yeah i've got the same monitor.......it's still chugging and looks better then a lot of today's current monitors, even though its as big as a semi-truck and as heavy too. I'd try to answer your question but I'm not exactly sure what you're asking????

yea they have a great pic and are huge that tube is huge. and i am asking if running it at a 1024x768 at 200hz is bad for it since the drivers in 98 say no more than 72hz. so what i am asking is will i wreck it by running it at the higher than supposed to be supported refresh.

hmmmm......will it add extra wear/tear on it??? Most likely.....although I'm no expert when it comes to monitors....maybe someone else can better address this

Back