• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Socket + Vram Dimm slots in mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

efini

Do you think in the future that motherboards will have a separate gpu socket and a separate ram slot for video ram?

Heck that would make overclocking a lot easier. You could also buy a plethora of video ram. The best part is simply popping out the gpu and putting in a new one just like a cpu.

STOP STEALING MY THREADS, I MADE A VERY SIMILAR ONE A FEW MONTHS BACK.....NOW BACK OFF :p

I hope so by the way..... Plus this should be the Video card area as it involes Video cards etc ;)

Excelsior said:
STOP STEALING MY THREADS, I MADE A VERY SIMILAR ONE A FEW MONTHS BACK.....NOW BACK OFF :p

I hope so by the way..... Plus this should be the Video card area as it involes Video cards etc ;)

as did i (kinda)

Yeah that would be a cool idea. But there would probably be problems with standardizing it. ATI will want one design and Nvidia will want another one. Another idea would be to have blank cards that you could do the same thing with.

I doubt it would happen while we still have card slots inside the computer. Would be too much of a challenge for novice users to change the bare chips when they have so many problems just changing a card.

Will most likely happen when the bus systems of computers moves into an optical format. Then your new video subsystem would just attach with an optical cable.

Back