• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recovering serial no.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tsintse

I have a couple O2k disks from some old Dell workstations that I want to reinstall. Is there an easy way to extract the serial no. from the media? The paperwork for these computers are looong since lost to the server closet mess.

Yep, for the OS heheh. I need the serial numbers to reinstall office 2000 which unfortunately weren't pasted to the side of the case :-\

I wish they didn't need the serial no.s :p Tried calling Dell for some help but no go with them either....GRRRR I think they gouged us for like $150 extra to get office with these systems, that I can't even reinstall now!

I have Office 97 Pro OEM and I still have to enter the sn. If you still have it installed, get Belarc Advisor and run it. It should get you the SNs to most of you software.

Back