• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI Project Ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
I've got a project to do in programming, but I asked the teacher if I could possibly do the other, outvoted project (Artificial Intelligence). He said yes, but I would have to get a good proposal for what to work on.

So, does anybody here have a good idea for a nice SIMPLE AI project?? Three years ago, I did an AI driven Tic-Tac-Toe game, and that's about the level of complexity the project needs to have. Don't suggest anything complex like Chess or even something like a 'Bot' to chat with. It's just too complex for the amount of time I have to work on it.

Think of a game that takes almost no skill to learn to play effectivaly, or somthing else requiring minimal learning skill.

Mods - Using GCRD for ideas, I'll go to Programming if I need code help :)
JigPu

I saw on TV a guy who wrote and AI program that wathca Tetris play on a different computer then inputed back to the computer's keyboard to play. kinda complicated but since no other ideas have come up.....

Have a computer that learns to play Nim. Programming one to win from the start is possible, though not as trivial as tic-tac-toe. It would be intersting to write a program that discovers the winning algorithm rather than starting with it though.

Nim has a ton of stuff written on it. For a recent sighting of the game in the forums, see this thread. The game in that thread originally comes from the games lounge at this site which has three neatly done flash versions of the game. Reading up on the game will also get you into game theory which should be a lot of fun for you and help out with the AI stuff.

nihili

Back