• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Condensation question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slowmo

Would I have to deal with a condensation problem if I put the radiator of my water cooling rig in a mini fridge? What would be the minimum size of a resevoir that I should use in say a 2.5 cu. ft. fridge and could it handle the heat?

I'm most worried about condensation at the water block. I'm in the south where it's always very humid.

Last edited:
if the water temperature is below the ambient temperature and the outside hose temp is lower than the ambient...then yes you will have to worry about it...especially with the humidity in the south....take a look at www.phase-change.com and browse the forums...look for one of bowmans articles on phase change cooling...he uses effective insulation techniques...for much more extreme conditions than you are looking at...if you want to be absolutely safe...i would suggest finding a good guide on insulating the tubes and such. This includes thermal coating the motherboard socket etc.

I do frige cooling in the south :D

Neoprene
Dielectric grease
Silicone

Those are the key.

Check out directron.com for a nice selection of precut neoprene. like dragon said phase-change.com has a nice tutorial.

Back