• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wat the hell? Magic? or wat...................?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wankstar

Registered
hey peeps, i dont know wat im experiencing but whenever i remove the main pc plu and insert it back in the pc turns on its self, can some one plz help me.

(im so unlucky always another problem a day ahhh......................)

Some older power supplies and motherboards will automatically power up he moment they are plugged into a live supply. It's a bit of a hang up from the early Wake on LAN/Keyboard/mouse motherboards.
Exorcism not required :D

Wankstar said:
hey peeps, i dont know wat im experiencing but whenever i remove the main pc plu and insert it back in the pc turns on its self, can some one plz help me.

(im so unlucky always another problem a day ahhh......................)

is this an atx psu? i am just curious

also, with some mobos they have the option to restart the computer after a power failure, so if you don't turn the computer off with the power switch on the front and you used the power switch on the back of your psu, the computer thinks that there was a power failure cause all the mobo knows is that it lost power. there should be a setting in your bios to enable/disable that. i am not sure if that it what is causing it or what, but if it can be stopped, i would check the bios for any power on options...

no actually i turn off the power then take the plug out and insert it back in.

i have an 350 watt atx

Wankstar said:
no actually i turn off the power then take the plug out and insert it back in.

i have an 350 watt atx

do you know who manufactured your mobo and what model it is? maybe i can look up the manual...

asus p4pe and its ony 7 months or so ld but i think psu is bad because it has no make

Back