• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3/4" to 1/2" reducer coupling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rocko[DPC]

How is this done?

I need some advice on the following situation. I'm going to be using an eheim 1250 pump, which comes with 1/2" fitings on the out side, and 3/4" on the suction side. The whole circuit is going to be 1/2". So I need to get a reducer for the 3/4" side.

Now I've found some couplings... First one I found was $7 + shipping FOR A PIECE OF PLASTIC!!?!?!?!? The second place I found that sells them, it was $.15... Great price, too bad you need to order $2000 worth of stuff from them to place an order.

So does anyone have any tricks or know where to buy this kind of coupler? I was thinking that maybe I could get a 1/2" copper coupler for copper piping. Then just stretch the 1/2" tubing over it, and then the 3/4" tubing over that... Then wire tie the hell out of it. Does this sound like a dumb idea or has anyone tried something like this in the past?

i heard that you could get 3/4 tubing (copper or somthing) and put the 3/4 over that then put the 1/2 over THAT (the tube on teh metal tube) and just ziptie or clamp it down... never done it myself but in anyoher post some one suggested it:D

therudyq3 said:
Rocko where did you find the coupling?
Thx

http://www.flash.net/~holdrman/patio_fountains/accessories.html

$7 for a piece of plastic... Hmm yea I bet I'll be buying that...

CrashOveride said:
i heard that you could get 3/4 tubing (copper or somthing) and put the 3/4 over that then put the 1/2 over THAT (the tube on teh metal tube) and just ziptie or clamp it down... never done it myself but in anyoher post some one suggested it:D

And yea this is sorta along the lines I was thinking. Only dont you mean the other way around? I would think it would be incredibly difficult to impossible ot stretch the 1/2" over the 3/4" which is already stretched over the copper part.

If nobody has any other suggestions thats what I'll try. I'll let you know if it works :)

Maxi Jets have an 3/4 OD fitting also.

Head over to Lowe's or Home Depot and head to the plumbing department.

Look for a Nylon Barb to MIP adapter 1/2" x 3/4"

The 1/2" end is the attachment for your tubing. The 3/4" end will slip right over your pump's suction.

What you are looking for is Watts A-388. A-386 works also (see this thread).

A bit of goop inside wouldnt hurt.

Sweet! Thanks for the tip. I guess I'll have to get one and give it a try :)

i have the 1250 too, just heat up the 1/2" tubing and it fits over the suction side fine, no need for adapters.

Back