• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KeyPad Start?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you had access to a chip programmer you could.
Just write a small program into the chip to accept a certain code, then wire the chip to close the circuit for the power jumper on the motherboard.

Course it would be easy for anyone to hotwire it by just crossing the wires.

ya but its not like they cant do it now anyway. the only other thing i cant see wrong is that it would need power all the time......

Xargon said:
ya but its not like they cant do it now anyway. the only other thing i cant see wrong is that it would need power all the time......

you could figure out how the mobo gets power all the time.. or just use a battery

Xargon said:

Shouldn't be too hard. I think they keypad on my garage door opener uses a 9v battery that gets replaced every month or two.

But that keypad uses 24v, good luck getting that from a normal powersuppy or battery!

Just a heads up in case someone was thinkin about it.

Scott

ziptieboy said:
But that keypad uses 24v, good luck getting that from a normal powersuppy or battery!

Just a heads up in case someone was thinkin about it.

Scott

Eh, didn't notice that....

Steal a garage keypad?

is anyone that paranoid, about having people use their computers?

why not jsut use a windows password lol?

I believe those voltage ratings on those keypads is the maximum voltage.... What im saying is, you can put any voltage through the keys...there are no chips or anything...you have to make ur own controller...its just the keys and their connections.

You can get the constant power from: 5VDC stand by power from ATX power supply. :D

Ok, I didn't know if that was the max voltage or if it was the min. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Scott

Back