• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SL6RZ owners... Where did you buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got one from Newegg today. I see that alot of people seem to like this chip. I have not done anything with it yet. I have it in an older motherboard that doesn't run the 133 FSB. I have it running at 2.4 and overclocked bus 133 mhz and 3X Rdram.

are there other versions of the 2.4b out? I mean if i buy a retail 2.4b will it be a sl6rz, or are there many different ones?? Anyway of knowing from a retail box what version the chip is?

I hope no ones saying that I'm not telling the truth but I have a Costa Rica 2.4B OEM SL6RZ 533 mhz chip that I received from Newegg. Serial Number is 3309a2600562
Thank you.

Thats suprising. I envy you. A good SL6RZ is hard to find these days. Pham's garuntee's you one, but they don't oc as well as others. Fry's has been shipping them, but they don't garuntee that you'll get one.

I bought mine at outpost. It had bent pins but would 180fsb on default. Its a Q but I'm happy with it.

I bought one at Fry's, but it would barely do 3ghz. Returned it and got a SL6S2 that does 3.3ghz default voltage.

FredR said:
I bought one at Fry's, but it would barely do 3ghz. Returned it and got a SL6S2 that does 3.3ghz default voltage.
Nice chip. Thats a x19 multiplier right?

Fry's used to have a bunch of SL6RZ 2.4s. Just yesterday they got 100 new ones in, I don't remember the code but it struct me as odd. It was nothing I had seen before. I think I remember checking the capacitors on the back and it was the new 3.06 style. Hmm... so vague, I'll check it all tomorrow and update when I can.

one from fry's in oregon via AZN that so far does 3.618ghz

one from pham computers that does 2.95ghz

Maxvla said:
one from fry's in oregon via AZN that so far does 3.618ghz

one from pham computers that does 2.95ghz

yeah, but i fear that you sold your soul to the devil to get that first chip to overclock that well. I noticed the 666 tatooed on your scalp. :mad:

Rasputin'sLiver said:

yeah, but i fear that you sold your soul to the devil to get that first chip to overclock that well. I noticed the 666 tatooed on your scalp. :mad:
you have no pics of me ;)

no explorers around here
dunno.gif

Back