• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP window Fix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

I installed my new hard drive and formatted. I have a little problem with Windows. When I am in a site like say Newegg and I click on the "see it" link to see the product, the window comes up, but it comes up small. I have to click the box to get a full view.

I did not have to do that before. How do I fix it so the window comes up big on top of the other window?

Thanks.

instead of clicking the maximize button, drag out the corner of the window about halfway, so its about the size of half the screen. Close all the windows that are open, and next time you open it, the window should be resized.

I also have noticed this too. Every time you try to open a new IE window, it always is a non-maximized window. What I've done was make the window as big as possible without maximizing it, make a few more windows like that, then close them, eventually they'll always take the form of that large window, though it's not really maximized all the way. You can see the same effect if you were to cascade a lot of open windows, eventually the new window will open as the same size at the cascaded windows. I'm not sure if this is a total answer to your problem, maybe someone else can find the real way to edit how the windows open, but I hope it helps.

I don't know, I can't figure this out. I am still getting the small windows. There must be something in Control Panel I am missing...grrrr.....

Try holding down Ctrl key while dragging the corner of the window to the size you want. I used to do this in Win98 and it seemed to always work, the window would always come back full size. I've just continued to use this trick in XP and it still seems to work, the window comes back full size.
HTH
elec.tron

Good deal, i'm glad that worked for you. Maybe twice out of the dozens of windows I use consistently i've had to repeat the cntrl thing, but other than that it seems to work fine.
elec.tron

Back