• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where would I purchase a PC Speaker?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiTrO bOiE

My speaker wires got pulled and I don't have a soldering iron to solder them back on. Where could I purchase one? One last thing, I'm talking about the speaker that makes the "beep" after you POST.

EDIT: Nevermind, just ripped one out of an old computer in the garage. ;)

Last edited:
Over the last couple of years, I've snagged a number of old i386/i486/early Pentiums from the side of the road/various dumpsters. I open e'm up and strip anything remotely useful... I've got a drawer full of floppy and ATA33 cables, a half dozen speakers, a handful of floppy drives, etc...

Best dumpster dive to date; Found a WD 20GB WD200ES hard drive in the dumpster behind a local shop behind my apartment building (drive by it almost daily, and saw a mATX case sticking out the top...had to check it out...LOL).

The drive itself was throwing S.M.A.R.T. error codes...however, it was still under warranty from WD. $12 shipping got me a nice refurb. :cool:

2nd best, same dumpster; They tossed out a HP DeskJet932c printer one day...this is the same one I use, so I grabbed it, for at least spare parts. It had a piece broken, and the paper would jamb immediately. I managed to fix that broken part... :D It even still had both ink cartridges in it, half or more full...LOL.

Heatsinks from P I's cut up make real nice sinks for clock generators... :cool: And I've got enough ISA based soundcards to last me two lifetimes...:p You just never know what people will toss out to the side of the road...

B.

Back