• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I joined the club

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wyno

I am officially in the SMP club now. Just got my dually up and running last night. Got folding running first was the most important. Now to find out what this thing can really do. I am not going to overclock this system at all but I was just wondering how much better performance can I expect out of dual 1800 tbreds over my current 1600 pally's?

if you don't o/c the dual tbred, you will see very little increase in performance. However, if you o/c ... :D

The Tbreds will put out a little less heat, so temps may go down. Also, tbreds are factory unlocked, so overclocking 1800s to 2000+ level would be easy.

Guess I didnt realize the tbreds were unlocked. I may have to get a second tbred and see what they will do.

FunkDaMonkMan said:
if you don't o/c the dual tbred, you will see very little increase in performance. However, if you o/c ... :D

^^

The performance increase won't be much (because of the extra overheads), but i found after i built my dual amd system, everything ran so much smoother. The beast i built is so stable, i can't crash it (i can't overclock it either, motherboard dosen't allow it). Welcome to the SMP club :D

Back