• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need the best shirt-pocket digital camera for under $200???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petreza

Hi,

My brother is a real estate agent and needs a digital camera to take pictures of the apartments he tries to rent. His requirements are simple:

- not too bulky - shirt pocket size is the ideal
- the best for under $200 - tight budget - sorry

My requirements ( as the one more technologicaly educated ):

- it should come in one of the flash memory standarts which has future - compact flash ..... whatever
- USB conection ( USB 2 preferably) - the camera serves as a card reader - I guess virtualy all have it
- has decent megapixel count - I know that the day will come when he will want to use it for more than just pictures for the web.

If you have a suggestion - even just a general one - please post. I am new to digital cameras and as such, clueless.

Thank you!

I see now that most budget digital cameras are in the $200 - $250 + range. That's fine.

Sadly most of them, it seems, have weak flashes - not too good for indoor photography.

when you find the camera that you want then you can check dell for the camera. There are a ton of different coupons you can use. Some stackable and on average save 100$.

As for a reccomendation, Ive had a sony (older model) it was a really cool camera and got the job done but the pixel count was low. Plus sony only uses memory sticks and those are generally more expensive then compact flash.

My GF has a Nikon Coolpix 775. That takes some decent pictures and although quite small the design allows you to hold it firmly in one hand.

My dad has a pentax which is the smallest out of the three Ive had but picture quality I would say is less then the nikon.Hope that helps.

Back