• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hrmm, which Video card??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd like to be the first to say the 9500pro. The 4800 is just an 8x 4400 or 4600 ( I always got those confused). If you like to play games with lots of aa, the 9500pro would be the way to go.

If you are set with one of those two, then Gerfey is right. The 9500pro is better. However, I'd reccomend a 9700 non pro if you can afford the extra $$.

Socket eh? said:
If you are set with one of those two, then Gerfey is right. The 9500pro is better. However, I'd reccomend a 9700 non pro if you can afford the extra $$.

Really? The 9700 nonpro over the 9500pro??? Is there performance reviews to support that?

The 9700 non pro is just a 9700 pro at slower clock speeds, no other handicaps. Most people can get the non-pro to pro stock speeds by overclocking, so yes, if its in your price range, go for the 9700 non-pro.

epauls said:

Really? The 9700 nonpro over the 9500pro??? Is there performance reviews to support that?

Every benchmark on all review site support it because they are the same card only the 9700 has a 256 bit bus instead of the 128 bit bus. So naturally it will out perform the slightly cheaper and slightly slower 9500 pro.

Back